On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 21:53:49 -0700, mueen@nawaz.org wrote: > 1. Can notmuch return results sorted by size? As far as I know, there is currently no way to do that (but see below). > 2. Can I tell notmuch to limit the items it returns (e.g. show me > first ten messages matching ... ) Are you looking for this in the emacs UI? The following works for me on the command line: notmuch search '*' | head -10 > 3. Any plans for searching via attachment size or type? Say I want all > emails with attachments bigger than 1 MB. You can currently search through attachments with the 'attachment:' search term. See "notmuch help search-terms" for more info. This works for searching for mime types. I don't know of a way to search by size, though. > Essentially, I have a tendency to prune off large attachments so that > my mail directory doesn't blow up... You might just try using find, which is very useful for this kind of thing: find $MAILDIR -printf '%b %p\n' | sort -n hth. jamie.