On Sat, 3 Mar 2012 17:04:22 -0500, Tim Bielawa wrote: > The addition of mml-quote-region (notmuch-mua.el) in 2c6710e3 breaks > automatic signing in replies. When replies are mml-quoted and signing > is enabled by default the "<#part sign=pgpmime>" string will appear on > line 1. This will be consumed during the application of the > mml-quote-region function and transform into the inert string > "<#!part sign=pgpmime>". The result is that responses will no longer > be signed by default. > > This fix moves the point forward one line before applying the quoting > function. > > Consideration: Clients not signing mail by default. The first line of > their responses would be skipped when the quoting function is > applied. This string takes this general form: > > On Sat, 03 Mar 2012 12:55:14 -0800, notmuch-request@notmuchmail.org wrote: > > Because the string is generated by notmuch I don't believe this fix > introduces the possibility for malicious mml commands being omitted > from the quoting. I suppose I should add that when running the unit tests the relevant parts still pass: > PASS Reply within emacs > PASS Quote MML tags in reply -- Tim Bielawa, Software Engineer/Scribe Production Control Team (RDU) 919.332.6411 Cell | IRC: tbielawa 1BA0 4FAB 4C13 FBA0 A036 4958 AD05 E75E 0333 AE37