David Edmondson writes: >> Is it possible to cycle-expand-all subtrees in show-mode, à-la Org? > > What do you mean by “subtrees”? Example: - Message 1 - Message 2 - Message 3 - Message 4 - Message 5 - Message 6 - Message 7 With the point on message 2, have a `notmuch-show-open-or-close' function that opens/closes all message beneath Message 2 (included), but does not touch the expansion of Message 1, 5, 6 or 7. > M-RET should open all of the messages in the thread, but it doesn't do > anything about regions that are hidden within messages due to washing. Somehow I had misded M-RET... :p Thanks! >> Related: is it possible to search the entire conversation, even when >> messages are folded? > > No. > >> If not, the workaround would be to temporarily expand-all (once the >> above feature is implemented), and search from there. > > You might also be able to do something with isearch-open-invisible > properties on the overlay used to fold messages. I found a bunch of variables, none of which is documented: Functions: - isearch-open-overlay-temporary - isearch-open-necessary-overlays - outline-isearch-open-invisible Variables: - outline-isearch-open-invisible-function -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/