* Autocrypt support
@ 2019-04-11 14:01 Ralph Seichter
From: Ralph Seichter @ 2019-04-11 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

I'm not quite sure if this is a question of Notmuch's Emacs client or of
Emacs in general, but I am trying to find information on Autocrypt
support (see https://autocrypt.org/).

The Enigmail addon for Thunderbird supports Autocrypt, and I wondered
if/how Notmuch might be persuaded to support it as well?

-Ralph

* Re: Autocrypt support
@ 2019-04-11 15:31 ` Daniel Kahn Gillmor
From: Daniel Kahn Gillmor @ 2019-04-11 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ralph Seichter, notmuch

On Thu 2019-04-11 16:01:43 +0200, Ralph Seichter wrote:
> I'm not quite sure if this is a question of Notmuch's Emacs client or of
> Emacs in general, but I am trying to find information on Autocrypt
> support (see https://autocrypt.org/).
>
> The Enigmail addon for Thunderbird supports Autocrypt, and I wondered
> if/how Notmuch might be persuaded to support it as well?

yes, i want notmuch to support autocrypt, and it's been on my to-do list
for many months now.  :(

I would love to have some help on that, because i've been a bit blocked,
still trying to wrap up my protected headers series.

But if you'd like to help me strategize about next steps for getting
autocrypt support into notmuch itself, i'd welcome the collaboration.

          --dkg

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Autocrypt support
@ 2019-04-11 16:51   ` Ralph Seichter
From: Ralph Seichter @ 2019-04-11 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

* Daniel Kahn Gillmor:

> [...] if you'd like to help me strategize about next steps for getting
> autocrypt support into notmuch itself, i'd welcome the collaboration.

I'd be willing to help if you think I can actually be of use to you. ;-)
I have, as of today, not even looked at the Notmuch architecture and
source code. I do know a reasonable amount about GnuPG, RFC 5322 et al,
though.

-Ralph