* why doesn't notmuch-search-toggle-order work in unthreaded view?
@ 2020-12-04  7:21 Wenlong Dai
From: Wenlong Dai @ 2020-12-04  7:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

I thought notmuch-search-toggle-order would be more useful in unthreaded
view than search view.
But I found that it doesn't work in unthreaded view? am I doing something
wrong? or is this by default?

* Re: why doesn't notmuch-search-toggle-order work in unthreaded view?
@ 2020-12-06 19:24 ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2020-12-06 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wenlong Dai, notmuch; +Cc: Mark Walters

Wenlong Dai <whudwl@gmail.com> writes:

> I thought notmuch-search-toggle-order would be more useful in unthreaded
> view than search view.
> But I found that it doesn't work in unthreaded view? am I doing something
> wrong? or is this by default?

I think it is just a missing feature. The unthreaded view is fairly new,
and the underlying code in the notmuch-show command never supported an
ordering argument before. I think the actual code to enable the other
ordering for unsorted output would be fairly easy to add. The challenge
is probably what to do with that argument for the threaded
output. Probably it can just be ignored.  If someone wants to tackle
this they can probably get an idea of how to get started by looking at
the implementation of the "sort" argument notmuch-search