* [bug]: notmuch-emacs: notmuch-show: "c F" shows same file name for different instances of duplicate messages
@ 2022-08-04  9:03 Gregor Zattler
From: Gregor Zattler @ 2022-08-04  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Dear notmuch developers,

the new feature of showing different instances of emails
with same Message-Id is great and very helpful.

But in notmuch-emacs, when hitting "c F" in notmuch show
always stashes the very same filename, in my case the one
fitting the search term.

Also hitting "V" in notmuch-show shows the very same raw
email.

Due to my (sloppy) procmail rules I do have a few instances
each of many emails and I would like to act on them.  For me
the whole point of this new feature is to act on the
different instances of these seemingly identical emails,
e.g. deleting some of the files.

See attached a simple maildir with three different
minimalistic emails featuring the very same Message-Id.

Since the emails in this test case differ in Subjects they
reveal another problem with showing different instances of
seemingly same emails: While cycling through the three
emails in notmuch show the Subject line is duly showed as
"one", "two", "three", but the very first grey line every
time shows "one".  I don't know if that is a bug or not.

Ciao; Gregor
--