On 12/04/2014 04:38 PM, Danny O'Brien wrote: > I use notmuch with a set of Maildirs, synchronised with a remote IMAP > instance using mbsync. One of the folders I sync with is a "missed spam" > directory, which is used by the remote server to correct its own anti-spam > system. The server deletes the missed spam messages after it has added > them to its corpus of spam, which means that messages are regularly > deleted from that folder. > > My impression is that notmuch is pretty smart about spotting messages > that have disappeared, but when I do notmuch show etc these days it > often comes up with a list of missing files, a la: > > Error opening /home/danny/mail/missedspam//cur/18403840321.foobar: No such file or directory > > Is there any way I can correct the database to remove these entries? > Notmuch new doesn't seem to spot that they've vanished. maybe mbsync is fiddling with the timestamps on the directories somehow? have you tried: touch /home/danny/mail/missedspam/cur notmuch new ? --dkg