On 09/10/2013 02:51 PM, Jani Nikula wrote: > As explained by Jeffrey Stedfast, the author of GMime, quoted in [1]: > >> Passing the GMIME_ENABLE_RFC2047_WORKAROUNDS flag to g_mime_init() >> *should* solve the decoding problem mentioned in the thread. This >> flag should be safe to pass into g_mime_init() without any bad side >> effects and my unit tests do test that code-path. the result of doing this is that there will become legitimately-crafted subject lines that are now unrepresentable. I'm always leery of trying to improve support for data that doesn't follow the standards at the expense of data that *does* follow the standards. --dkg