On 08/30/2011 06:03 PM, Jameson Graef Rollins wrote: > And we need something like: > > jpg2thousandwords heh. Yes, i suspect there will be some mime types we will be unable to index in detail with xapian in the foreseeable future. Even without that, though, there's the possibility to store textual comments in a jpeg; a user of notmuch could choose to feed those comments to the xapian indexer. For example: 0 dkg@pip:~/src/fence$ exiv2 -p c in-play.jpg a 2-player game of FENCE! 0 dkg@pip:~/src/fence$ I don't know if this would be useful in the real world, though, since most people probably don't put comment data in their jpegs. You can easily stuff a thousand words into a jpeg though: exiv2 modify -c "$(head -n 1000 < /usr/share/dict/words)" test.jpg proverbially yours, --dkg