* Indexing without files and directories
@ 2010-01-27 14:12 Simon Cozens
From: Simon Cozens @ 2010-01-27 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Hi all,
	I don't want to throw a spanner in the works, but I am intending to use
notmuch for indexing in a scenario where the email doesn't hit the disk
- the notmuch model seems to rely pretty heavily on directories and
files but I'm working with email being delivered to a script for
indexing and then stored into a database. So far I've been hacking it by
feeding "/dev/stdin" as a filename but that leads to interesting fun
when I forget and try to access something via a notmuch_message object.
	With all this talk of a new object store, can I put in a plea for - at
least at the API level - some way of indexing based on a user-defined
location identifier? (In my case, a database row ID.)

Thanks,
Simon

only message in thread, other threads:[~2010-01-27 14:13 UTC | newest]