* Does notmuch works on Windows?
@ 2021-09-28 15:31 j.tindlebaum
From: j.tindlebaum @ 2021-09-28 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Hello,

Notmuch seems to be a good solution for dealing with emails in Emacs. I've
learned that Notmuch as been packaged for a few Linux, BSD and macOS
operating systems.

Now, is there a way to have Notmuch running in Windows (v. 8.1) with Emacs?
Is there a reasonable workaround?

Thank you for you time and feedback.

--

Jay

* Re: Does notmuch works on Windows?
@ 2021-09-29 10:23 ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2021-09-29 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: j.tindlebaum, notmuch; +Cc: Claudio Bley

<j.tindlebaum@runbox.com> writes:

> Notmuch seems to be a good solution for dealing with emails in Emacs. I've
> learned that Notmuch as been packaged for a few Linux, BSD and macOS
> operating systems.
>
> Now, is there a way to have Notmuch running in Windows (v. 8.1) with Emacs?
> Is there a reasonable workaround?
>
> Thank you for you time and feedback.

Some years ago, Claudio Bley ported notmuch to Windows [1]. Looking at
github [2], it looks like that project is no longer active. I have
copied Claudio in case he has more up to date information.

The easy path would presumably be to use WSL(2?). I have seen discussion
of that in various web searches, but I don't have any personal
experience with it (and iirc, it needs a newer Windows?).

[1]: https://nmbug.notmuchmail.org/nmweb/show/87mwm71x91.wl%25claudio.bley%40gmail.com
[2]: https://github.com/avdv/notmuch-w32

* Re: Does notmuch works on Windows?
@ 2021-10-23  0:01   ` j.tindlebaum
From: j.tindlebaum @ 2021-10-23  0:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Bremner, notmuch; +Cc: Claudio Bley

Dear David,

Thank you for your feedback. I've just moved (100%) to Linux. Problem
solved.

And thank you Claudio for your time and work so notmuch could run on
Windows.

All the best.

--
Jay