Hi David, > OK, with that setting I can duplicate the problem replying to encrypted > HTML mail. > > It's also true that notmuch-reply doesn't include the content in the > html version of the multipart/alternative. Unlike notmuch show, it > doesn't have the ability to send parts later, so I guess that's a > problem there. > > The following patch seems to fix it for me. What I haven't worked out is > if it will break other things. Perhaps David E or Mark (in copy) can > comment on whether this is a sensible change, given that we now give the > user control of showing the part on the emacs side. > > diff --git a/notmuch-reply.c b/notmuch-reply.c > index 3c6d685..cd88d79 100644 > --- a/notmuch-reply.c > +++ b/notmuch-reply.c > @@ -690,7 +690,7 @@ notmuch_reply_format_sprinter(void *ctx, > > /* Start the original */ > sp->map_key (sp, "original"); > - format_part_sprinter (ctx, sp, node, TRUE, TRUE, FALSE); > + format_part_sprinter (ctx, sp, node, TRUE, TRUE, TRUE); > > /* End */ > sp->end (sp); I could have sworn that I replied to this thread months ago but can't find a record it in the archives... I think I also missed David E's reply to yours mentioning the patch from id:1459708823-1852-1-git-send-email-dme at dme.org, so I'm following up... With David E's patch, the decryption problem I reported is resolved. However, I notice that this change hasn't yet been committed / pushed. Is there a particular reason for this? I'm currently maintaining a version of this patch compatible with the current master which makes this change to notmuch-mua.el notmuch-mua-reply() by adding (notmuch-show-process-crypto process-crypto) before doing the show. I've attached that patch here. I just wondered if we were going to see this pushed to master any time soon? Cheers, -- Matt