On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 03:59:20PM +0000, Alyssa Ross wrote: > T568-lib-thread assums that there will always be a thread with ID > thread:0000000000000009, but this turns out not to be the case. > > This was reported to us in Nixpkgs[1], where it caused builds of our > notmuch package to intermittently fail, and I was able to > (intermittently) reproduce. We are going to work around this problem > for now by disabling T568. I can provide a Xapian DB generated by this > test with no thread with that ID if that's helpful. I believe this also > explains this report previously sent to the Notmuch mailing list[2]. > > Note on reproducing: I found that it often would succeed repeatedly > many, many times before failing, and then failing consistently for a > while. My co-conspirator Puck (CCed) thinks this might be due to how > directory order works in ZFS (which just happens to be the filesystem we > are using). > > [1]: https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/109092 > [2]: https://nmbug.notmuchmail.org/nmweb/show/874ko8trhk.fsf%40tethera.net CCing Puck with the correct email address now. Whoops.