Hey, I've been trying to emulate something similar to what Ben Gamari shows in https://notmuchmail.org/pipermail/notmuch/2011/003976.html and I ran into an issue. That script (which admittedly is from 6 years ago) freezes messages before changing tags. But when changing tags, new searches are often run, returning some of the same results. It seems any changes on these "inner" messages are lost when the outer messages are thawed, and I'm guessing this is because the "inner" and "outer" messages reference different objects in memory which point to the same Xapian document. I've attached a short script which demonstrates this, to test it you need at least one message tagged with "this_is_my_test", but the script is fairly simple. Now If I'm correct in guessing the issue here, I can understand that it's not the sort of thing that is fun to fix, so I'm more looking to see if my understanding is right. In particular, I'm asking because clearly 6 years ago Ben's scripts worked, so maybe I'm just not understanding them/notmuch correctly. If I am right, then I'll just leave out the freezing/thawing. As it stands, I'm only adding ~5-10 emails at most each run (which is every 10 minutes) so performance when adding emails isn't (yet) an issue for me. Will