On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 12:16:33PM +0200, Tomi Ollila wrote: > On Sat, Feb 20 2016, Neeum Zawan wrote: > > > > Is there a way (e.g. with emacsclient) to load up a particular email > > thread or email message buffer from the command line? > > quick test yields that at least > > emacs -f notmuch --eval '(notmuch-search "id:87egc8nhdh.fsf@nawaz.org")' > > works (maybe not exactly as desired, but based on that more should > be able to be achieved with moderate ease...) I use the attached script to open the mail I'm reading in Mutt in Emacs so that I can link to it in my Org mode notes, etc. You could write a function that calls the required capture templates and use it in place of the call to notmuch-show. Probably you also want to remove the GNU Screen related stuff (call to screen select and the check for $STY). Hope this helps, -- Suvayu Open source is the future. It sets us free.