On Sat, Feb 13, 2016 at 02:17:44PM -0400, David Bremner wrote: > > On Mon, Feb 08, 2016 at 07:33:10AM -0400, David Bremner wrote: > >> We can include it in /usr/bin along and install a proper man page… > > > > I'm happy to write up a man page. Do you want it in a separate > > directory from nmbug-status / notmuch-report [1]? Do you want to > > rename nmbug to something notmuch-* namespaced? > > I guess if we're going to treat it as a first class citizen, then > yeah, it should be in the notmuch- namespace. I'd floated notmuch-dtag earlier [1]. Does that sound right? Or do folks prefer another name? > It would also need some tests. In tests/, or devel/dtag/tests? If the latter, how should I handle the test framework? Symlinks to the main tests/? Copies? Sharness submodule? Other ideas? > I'm not sure how (or if) to address the problem that most notmuch > commands are actually invoked via the main binary, but I don't think > we have any logic to transform "notmuch foo" to a call to an > external binary notmuch-foo. That seems like something that could be handled independently. If folks want to set it up, adjusting the !command handler in notmuch.c's main() or adjusting find_command to fall back to “this is probably an external command” seem doable. Cheers, Trevor [1]: id:20151231202815.GL3680@odin.tremily.us http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.mail.notmuch.general/21535/focus=21536 -- This email may be signed or encrypted with GnuPG (http://www.gnupg.org). For more information, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pretty_Good_Privacy