Tomi Ollila wrote: > The patch looks good to me, just that I cannot test it. +1. > > If it weren't inconsistent what is there now a simpler alternative could be: > > system qw/notmuch tag/, @_, '--', "id:$mid"; > > or even > > exec qw/notmuch tag/, @_, '--', "id:$mid"; > > ... as these bypasses the intermediate shell altogether. Thank you for the great suggestion. I completely forgot about the list form of system while focusing on the patch :-). Since we don't need the shell in this case, it makes sense to use that form. Please hold off on committing this patch. I will post a revised patch. -Kevin