* Updated mutt wikipage, new addressbook script: notmuch-abook
@ 2013-03-22 15:21 Guyzmo
From: Guyzmo @ 2013-03-22 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Notmuch ML

Hello world,

    I'm  using  notmuch  and  mutt-kz  flawlessly  for   over   a  year,
and I'm really  happy  with  them,  so  thank  you  guys  for  providing
such great tools!

So I updated the notmuchmail.org wikipage about mutt:

    http://notmuchmail.org/notmuch-mutt/

    I also wanted to enable completion from within  vim,  so  I extended
the mutt_addresses.py script, so  it  creates  and  updates  a  cache of
addresses in a sqlite3 database. It is available on pypi, so you can use
it as a standalone CLI application:

    https://github.com/guyzmo/notmuch-abook/

    About that one,  I  made  the  choice  to  use  sqlite3  as backend,
because it was an easy way to create fast  queries  of  addresses, but I
was wondering if it  would  not  be  more  intelligent  to integrate the
addresses indexing in the xapian database directly?

    And finally, I have tried to compile  the  vala-notmuch addressbook,
but  the  compilation  is  failing  because  of  some   change   in  the
database_open call, and I don't have much time to understand  Vala's API
mappings to C. But I've been told it  is  lightning  fast  when querying
notmuch directly.

    Has  anyone  patched  that  code,  and  still  use  it  with  latest
notmuch? I'd give  it  a  try  to  replace  my  sqlite3  backend  in the
script.

Cheers,

--
Guyzmo

* Re: Updated mutt wikipage, new addressbook script: notmuch-abook
@ 2013-03-25  7:26 ` Jani Nikula
From: Jani Nikula @ 2013-03-25  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guyzmo; +Cc: Notmuch Mail

On Mar 22, 2013 5:22 PM, "Guyzmo" <guyzmo+notmuch@m0g.net> wrote:

> Hello world,
>
>     I'm  using  notmuch  and  mutt-kz  flawlessly  for   over   a  year,
> and I'm really  happy  with  them,  so  thank  you  guys  for  providing
> such great tools!
>
> So I updated the notmuchmail.org wikipage about mutt:
>
>     http://notmuchmail.org/notmuch-mutt/

I think it would be best to keep notmuch-mutt and mutt-kz related pages
separate. They are two very different things. See
http://notmuchmail.org/frontends/

BR,
Jani.

@ 2013-03-25 10:14   ` Guyzmo
From: Guyzmo @ 2013-03-25 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jani Nikula; +Cc: Notmuch Mail

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 09:26:20AM +0200, Jani Nikula wrote:
> On Mar 22, 2013 5:22 PM, "Guyzmo" <guyzmo+notmuch@m0g.net> wrote:
> > So I updated the notmuchmail.org wikipage about mutt:
> >     http://notmuchmail.org/notmuch-mutt/
> I think it would be best to keep notmuch-mutt and mutt-kz related pages
> separate. They are two very different things. See
> http://notmuchmail.org/frontends/

    I was actually looking for a page that is alike the emacstips one. I
thought the notmuch-mutt page would be that one. But you  may  be right,
and it'd be better to either rename that page or create a  new  one that
would be "muttandvimtips" or so…

cheers,

--

@ 2013-03-28 18:34     ` Jani Nikula
From: Jani Nikula @ 2013-03-28 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guyzmo; +Cc: Notmuch Mail

On Mon, 25 Mar 2013, Guyzmo <guyzmo+notmuch@m0g.net> wrote:
>     I was actually looking for a page that is alike the emacstips one. I
> thought the notmuch-mutt page would be that one. But you  may  be right,
> and it'd be better to either rename that page or create a  new  one that
> would be "muttandvimtips" or so…

Yup, http://notmuchmail.org/notmuch-mutt/ was really about notmuch-mutt,
the notmuch integration script that ships with notmuch. I think "mutt
tips" and "vim tips" really should be pages of their own.

BR,
Jani.

* Re: Updated mutt wikipage, new addressbook script: notmuch-abook
@ 2013-03-28 19:52       ` Guyzmo
From: Guyzmo @ 2013-03-28 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jani Nikula; +Cc: Notmuch Mail

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 08:34:44PM +0200, Jani Nikula wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Mar 2013, Guyzmo <guyzmo+notmuch@m0g.net> wrote:
> >     I was actually looking for a page that is alike the emacstips one. I
> > thought the notmuch-mutt page would be that one. But you  may  be right,
> > and it'd be better to either rename that page or create a  new  one that
> > would be "muttandvimtips" or so…
> Yup, http://notmuchmail.org/notmuch-mutt/ was really about notmuch-mutt,
> the notmuch integration script that ships with notmuch. I think "mutt
> tips" and "vim tips" really should be pages of their own.

    ok, I updated the wiki, restoring nocmuch-mutt and  created mutttips
and vimtips pages while

cheers,

--

@ 2013-03-29 21:05         ` Jani Nikula
From: Jani Nikula @ 2013-03-29 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guyzmo; +Cc: Notmuch Mail

On Thu, 28 Mar 2013, Guyzmo <guyzmo+notmuch@m0g.net> wrote:
>     ok, I updated the wiki, restoring nocmuch-mutt and  created mutttips
> and vimtips pages while

Thanks for doing this and improving notmuch documentation!

BR,
Jani.