On Du, 28 oct 12, 11:31:38, Austin Clements wrote: > > Why does that cause you to not receive mailing lists? (Or did I > misinterpret your statement?) Yes. The main deterrent in Gmail silently dropping my own postings returning via the list, because it considers it identical to the sent message. > If I understand what you're saying, this is exactly what notmuch does. > When you remove the "unread" tag, notmuch will (should?) add the > "seen" maildir flag to all copies of that message in the file system > (barring some corner-cases that flag sync doesn't handle well; maybe > you're encountering one of those?). And since notmuch never deletes > files, they will remain in the folders they were filed in. Great. Then I only need a client that suits me. I've wanted to have a look at mutt-kz, but keep postponing it. Kind regards, Andrei -- If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. (Albert Einstein)