On Mon, Apr 05, 2010 at 02:49:23PM +0200, Sebastian Spaeth wrote: > So I bound notmuch.so to vala (at least what I needed) and played with > the code a bit. The resulting 100 lines of vala code are here: Ooh, a .vapi for notmuch, that is something that makes me happy. It could be shipped with notmuch proper, even if it's rough now, and then improved as people use it. > Usage: "./vnotmuch Seb" will output all 'to:' addresses according to > frequency for all messages where to, cc, or bcc matches "Seb*". It also > filters with AND "from:yourprimarymailaddress". Just > "./vnotmuch" outputs all addresses that you ever sent mails to. It never > writes/modifies your db. Now I use "lbdb", which gets very slow as time goes. You idea creates a most definitely superior system. > Just a teaser to make you interested in vala :). As it happens, some of us already are interested. As soon as automatic gobject introspection based language bindings become workable for at least python and perl, my plan is to rewrite buffy[1] in Vala. A second plan would be to have buffy show stats for saved notmuch queries as well as (or instead of) mail folders. It's very nice to know I wouldn't be the only person playing with Vala around here. Ciao, Enrico [1] http://packages.debian.org/sid/buffy -- GPG key: 4096R/E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini