* envelope-to
@ 2010-02-24 19:59 James Vasile
From: James Vasile @ 2010-02-24 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: notmuch

Can notmuch search for envelope-to:?  Or for that matter, can it
search for arbitrary headers?

I get a lot of BCC mail.  The envelope-to is a good way for me to know
which of my various addresses was BCC'd.

Thanks.

* Re: envelope-to
@ 2010-02-25  1:30 ` Tim Stoakes
From: Tim Stoakes @ 2010-02-25  1:30 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: James Vasile; +Cc: notmuch

James Vasile(james@hackervisions.org)@240210-14:59:
> Can notmuch search for envelope-to:?  Or for that matter, can it
> search for arbitrary headers?
>
> I get a lot of BCC mail.  The envelope-to is a good way for me to know
> which of my various addresses was BCC'd.

I'm very new here, but I think the answer is 'no' - notmuch only seems
to index a few headers. Which is a pity - I use an extensive system of
X-Label headers, and would like to convert them to notmuch tags - I just
can't seem to do it. I hope I'm wrong.

Tim

--
Tim Stoakes

* Re: envelope-to
@ 2010-02-25 10:57   ` Sebastian Spaeth
From: Sebastian Spaeth @ 2010-02-25 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Tim Stoakes, James Vasile; +Cc: notmuch

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 12:00:37 +1030, Tim Stoakes <notmuch@stoakes.net> wrote:
> > I get a lot of BCC mail.  The envelope-to is a good way for me to know
> > which of my various addresses was BCC'd.
>
> I'm very new here, but I think the answer is 'no' - notmuch only seems
> to index a few headers. Which is a pity - I use an extensive system of
> X-Label headers, and would like to convert them to notmuch tags - I just
> can't seem to do it. I hope I'm wrong.

It's not yet possible, but it's on Carl's list of required features. I
want my spam headers being recognized as well. :-)

Sebastian