also sprach micah anderson [2010.01.27.1124 +1300]: > Couldn't all of this be done without moving the existing git > repository (don't forget that transition is a cost)? Those who > wish to put together these proposed branches go ahead and do so, > publishing those wherever they like (git.debian.org, gitorious, > their own hosted git repositories, or even github) and then Carl > can just add those as remotes as he sees fit. I brought this up, so I should make the motivation explicit: I just tried to relieve Carl from the burden of bottleneck. Since passing out SSH accounts on his own machine does not really scale, I looked elsewhere. However, I agree that the easiest solution is just to add more users. Potentially, Carl can make use of gitolite, I can investigate that some time this week. > Personally, I've found mailing lists that have patches sent to > them tends to totally kill the list for anything else. It seems > a bit weird to use Debian's bug tracker for a non-Debian native > program (but using it for the Debian package of notmuch does make > sense). I am not so familiar with Roundup, patch queue trackers or > patchwork to have anything to say about those. patchwork integrates with the mailing list and slurps patches and related discussion and threads them into a webpage, where they can be workflow-managed. The Debian bug tracker has the benefit of being usable with e-mail (and this is notmuch we're developing, don't forget). The others are all exclusively web-based, with the exception of launchpad, AFAIK. The idea of having a tracker is quite simply to make it easier for Carl to stay on top, and for e.g. you and I to assist him by vetting patches in our free minutes. -- martin | http://madduck.net/ | http://two.sentenc.es/ there's an old proverb that says just about whatever you want it to. spamtraps: madduck.bogus@madduck.net