On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 04:52:42PM +0100, Sebastian Spaeth wrote: > That is why I have coded my notmuchsync tool. It does all that. While I > agree that notmuch should probably (and faster) do all that itself, the > current design seems to be to keep notmuch flexible, small and to never touch > your mailstore. Until that changes, surrounding scripts will have to > perform these tasks. I should have mentioned in my previous mail that I think this tool is a great idea, and I plan on using it. I just hope that all of it's functionality will be integrated directly into notmuch itself. That said, I have vasilated just a bit on this, as to whether notmuch should touch the mail at all, or just process it. But having thought about it a bit, I think that notmuch really *is* an MUA, or at least the mail processing part of a MUA (MUA minus message reader), and should therefore do the appropriate things with the maildir. > My current synchronization script looks basically like this: > > notmuch new # make db consistent (earlier deleted mails etc) > notmuchsync -s -n # MailDir flags update and "cur" dir moving > offlineimap # sync with IMAP server > notmuch new # incorporate new mails in notmuch db Do you do another notmuchsync after the final notmuch new, to get any new flags in the maildir synced with the database? jamie.