also sprach David Bremner [2009.12.17.0218 +1300]: > I agree that the labels-in-headers approach has some nice > advantages. I haven't thought through merging of tag lists, but > maybe that is no worse than other approaches. One thing that > worries me a bit is that notmuch updates tags often, and each of > these updates would require rewriting the message, at least in the > obvious implementation. If we separated implicit and explicit tags, then that issue would not exist, and from all I can tell, only the privacy issues, and the risk of losing mail when files are rewritten persist. -- martin | http://madduck.net/ | http://two.sentenc.es/ DISCLAIMER: this entire message is privileged communication, intended for the sole use of its recipients only. If you read it even though you know you aren't supposed to, you're a poopy-head. spamtraps: madduck.bogus@madduck.net