On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 01:24:09 +0100, Carl wrote: > On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 01:17:18 +0100, Adrian Perez wrote: > > For very large mail boxes, it is desirable to know which files are being > > processed e.g. when a crash occurs to know which one was the cause. Also, > > it may be interesting to have a better idea of how the operation is > > progressing when processing mailboxes with big messages. > > > > This patch adds support for printing messages as they are processed by > > "notmuch new": > > Hey, that's pretty nice. Thanks! As a small improvement, I will send another patch in a while, which will avoid sending ANSI escapes when output is not a terminal, and print one file path per line in that case. > I've pushed this now, (and I'm almost tempted to make it the > default...). IMHO it would be nice to have the messages-per-second information as well in verbose mode before making it the default. I think I could cook up a patch for that, but printing messages-per-second would mean calling gettimeofday() for each processed file. Do you think that will be acceptable from a performance POV? (Of course using silent mode would still only call it once per second). Regards, -- Adrian Perez de Castro Igalia - Free Software Engineering