* Dodo: a new graphical, hackable frontend for notmuch
@ 2022-01-04 15:07 Aleks Kissinger
From: Aleks Kissinger @ 2022-01-04 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Hi all,

We all like to unwind in different ways over the holidays. For me, I
decided to write a new GUI frontend for notmuch based on PyQt.

It's called Dodo: https://github.com/akissinger/dodo

The main goals are to:

 * offer keyboard-oriented mail reading, sorting, and composing
 * give a mostly text-based email experience by default, but with easy
   access to HTML support
 * offload as much work as possible on existing command-line tools
 * be simple enough to customise and hack on yourself

As it's mostly come to life over the past few weeks, Dodo is still
pretty rough around the edges, but most of the core functionality is
there. I'd be happy to hear what you think!

Best,

Aleks

p.s. I added a link to Dodo on the notmuch site using the instructions
(notmuchmail.org/wikiwriteaccess), but maybe didn't do it right or it
takes some manual intervention to update the website.

* Re: Dodo: a new graphical, hackable frontend for notmuch
@ 2022-01-04 16:56 ` Carl Worth
From: Carl Worth @ 2022-01-04 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aleks Kissinger, notmuch

On Tue, Jan 04 2022, Aleks Kissinger wrote:
> We all like to unwind in different ways over the holidays. For me, I
> decided to write a new GUI frontend for notmuch based on PyQt.
>
> It's called Dodo: https://github.com/akissinger/dodo

Cool! I'll be excited to check this out.

> p.s. I added a link to Dodo on the notmuch site using the instructions
> (notmuchmail.org/wikiwriteaccess), but maybe didn't do it right or it
> takes some manual intervention to update the website.

This is on me. I learned over the holiday that the wiki updating is
currently broken, but I haven't yet taken the time to fix it. I hope to
do that soon.

Thanks for your patience!

-Carl

[-- Attachment #1.2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Dodo: a new graphical, hackable frontend for notmuch
@ 2022-01-06 11:57 ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2022-01-06 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aleks Kissinger, notmuch

Aleks Kissinger <aleks.kissinger@cs.ox.ac.uk> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> We all like to unwind in different ways over the holidays. For me, I
> decided to write a new GUI frontend for notmuch based on PyQt.
>
> It's called Dodo: https://github.com/akissinger/dodo

Cool, thanks for letting us know.

> p.s. I added a link to Dodo on the notmuch site using the instructions
> (notmuchmail.org/wikiwriteaccess), but maybe didn't do it right or it
> takes some manual intervention to update the website.

Indeed something was broken with our ikiwiki setup. It seems to be fixed
now (and your link is there). Thanks for updating the wiki!