* [alot] announcing v0.10
@ 2021-09-26 17:49 Patrick Totzke
From: Patrick Totzke @ 2021-09-26 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Hi everyone!

I have just tagged alot v0.10; You can get a tarball here [0].

This release contains the usual minor usability improvements and is the first
to rely purely on the new cffi python bindings (available under
notmuch/bindings/python-cffi and know to python as notmuch2).
Many thanks to Frank Lenormand for the initial patchset and to Floris
Bruynooghe and Michael J Gruber for subsequent fixes.

As mentioned in the updated docs and in line with the main notmuch project,
we have now moved our IRC channel to the Libera.chat network.

Unfortunately our Travis CI setup broke recently and since it's on the way out anyway
I did not bother to fix this and disabled CI for now. If anyone has experience
with setting up pytest and GitHub Actions please step forward now :)

Usage updates since v0.9:
* various fixes with mailcap handling
* info: alot now depends on the new-style cffi bindings (notmuch2, available under notmuch/bindings/python-cffi)
* config: new option search_threads_rebuild_limit (to speed up "move last" in large search buffers)

As usual, a quick hall of fame of recent contributors:
$ git shortlog -s -n 0.9...
    26  Patrick Totzke
    15  Frank LENORMAND
     9  ryneeverett
     7  Kevin Velghe
     6  Lucas Hoffmann
     5  Matthew Richardson
     5  pacien
     3  Michael J Gruber
     2  Mārtiņš Mačs
     2  Samuel Trégouët
     1  Andreas Rammhold
     1  Antoine Tenart
     1  Floris Bruynooghe
     1  Gaute Hope
     1  Jordan Justen
     1  Totzke, Patrick
     1  atrent

New bug reports, feature or pull requests via the projects github page [1]
are always welcome.

Cheers,

[0]: https://github.com/pazz/alot/tarball/0.10
[1]: https://github.com/pazz/alot

* Re: [alot] announcing v0.10
@ 2021-09-26 19:03 ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2021-09-26 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Totzke, notmuch

Patrick Totzke <patricktotzke@gmail.com> writes:

> This release contains the usual minor usability improvements and is the first
> to rely purely on the new cffi python bindings (available under
> notmuch/bindings/python-cffi and know to python as notmuch2).
> Many thanks to Frank Lenormand for the initial patchset and to Floris
> Bruynooghe and Michael J Gruber for subsequent fixes.

Hey, that's great news, I'm glad you could migrate to the new bindings.