Hello, > What I would like to, then, is to use notmuch-el to read and classify my > mail. And the functionality I'm missing at the moment is a way to move > an email from the inbox to its corresponding folder, hopefully updating > its folder tags at the same time. That is: I would (mb)sync my mail from > my company's IMAP server to my Maildir folder structure, then I'd go to > the Inbox tag/folder, I'd read my mail and then, by hitting Shift+m, for > example, I'd be able to move that precise email, both in files and tags, > to its corresponding Maildir folder, so my next call to mbsync actually > moves the message in the IMAP server folders as well. Does that make > sense? Does anyone know how would I get to something like that? > > Again, sorry if this is redundant, and congratulations on the good work. > I sync my email with offlineimap and I do something similar, but using the `presync.sh` hook that offlineimap provides, via simple `xargs`: notmuch search --output=files --format=text0 \ folder:mailbox/INBOX -tag:inbox | xargs -0 --no-run-if-empty \ mv -t ~/mail/mailbox/Archive/$YEAR/new/ So just before offlineimap starts another round of sync, the emails tagged as 'not inbox' inside the INBOX folder are being moved to the Archive/${YEAR} folder. I've never used emacs, so I ignore if you can do something similar by binding keys in emacs (but I guess you can). Hope that helps,