Using Content-Type: text/markdown   [1]Over on LWN, some discussion came up about rendering and generating  text/markdown variants of e-mails   This is similar to (but maybe simpler than) [2]a proposal that was  discussed on the alot bug tracker earlier this year.   I thought i'd drop this mail as a marker for the start of a longer  discussion if anyone wants to try to take it further.  Next Steps   I think this mail is (hopefully) actually composed correctly as  text/markdown.   Does anyone's MUA render it properly? Anyone want to post screenshots or  other renderings?   Anyone have suggestions about message composition in markdown?   --dkg References Visible links 1. https://lwn.net/Articles/730277/ 2. https://github.com/pazz/alot/issues/1051