From: Michael Forney <mforney@mforney.org>
To: Arian Kuschki <arian.kuschki@googlemail.com>, notmuch@notmuchmail.org
Subject: Re: Introducing ner: an ncurses based notmuch ui
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 13:48:05 -0700	[thread overview]

On Thu, 04 Nov 2010 21:29:34 +0100, Arian Kuschki <arian.kuschki@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Just wanted to say a big thank you for this. I have started using ner and am
> really looking forward to further development. Two small points: I seem to
> have some random cpu and mem usage sometimes when ner is (should be?) idle.
> And second, as you seem to be using yaml for something (for what?), do you
> intend to reuse sup's config file format? That would seem to be beneficial
> both for users as well as for developers. Just my two cents. Thanks again,
> Arian

Thanks for your feedback!

The only thing I can think of about the cpu and memory usage you are
experiencing is that you have a SearchView open that is still collecting
results from your query. When you open a new View, the old ones are
still left in the background, and can be navigated to by pressing ';',
which opens a list of currently open Views. Maybe there needs to be some
way to open a new view, closing the current one, which may be desired
behavior in some cases.

Ner uses yaml for it's configuration (see ner.yaml.sample in the source
directory). I'm not sure it's worth making the configuration files
compatible, because there are several differences between ner and sup
that make some options make sense for one and not the other.

--
Michael Forney <mforney@mforney.org>