unofficial mirror of meta@public-inbox.org
From: Pratyush Yadav <me@yadavpratyush.com>
To: meta@public-inbox.org
Subject: lei up can't fetch new thread messages when searching by mid
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2024 17:06:06 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi,

I have set up a lei query for an email thread I am interested in. I
initially imported the messages by querying for the Message-Id via
"mid:<message-id>" and set -t to get all messages in the thread. That
works great.

Now when I run lei up, it does not fetch new messages in the thread.
From what I understand, this happens because lei adds an additional
parameter to the search that only looks for messages since the last time
lei up ran. This of course does not include the email with the
Message-Id I am interested in so its replies also do not show up in the
query results.

Is there a way to properly subscribe to an email thread? I suppose I can
do query the subject instead but that can also run into some corner
cases like multiple threads with the same subject, or if someone changes
the subject when replying to the thread.

--
Regards,
Pratyush Yadav