unofficial mirror of meta@public-inbox.org
* Questions about Public Inbox setup and configuration
@ 2021-12-25 22:34 Soft Works
From: Soft Works @ 2021-12-25 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta@public-inbox.org

Hi,

I have set up public inbox on a Debian system, intended to mirror just
a single mailing list, separate and independent form other PI mirrors.

Getting all information together wasn’t as easy as it could be, but eventually
I got it all working.

Though, I have a number of questions to which I couldn’t find an answer.

1. At the top of the page it says "($INBOX_DIR/description missing)", even
   though the maildir contains a description file.
   (interestingly, several mirrors are 'suffering' for the same problem)
   How can I fix this?

2. How are the HTML views generated? Are there any templates that I could
   modify?

3. When a message cannot be found, it shows a list of mirrors to check for
   that message. How can I disable this?
   (it's more than unlikely that any of them would have it)

4. The services are running behind NGINX which forwards the requests to
   a local-only port. Now the www interface is showing URLs at many places
   like http://localhost:8123/mailbox instead of the public URL.
   How can I set this up correctly?

Kind regards,
softworkz