unofficial mirror of meta@public-inbox.org
From: Kyle Meyer <kyle@kyleam.com>
To: "Nícolas F. R. A. Prado" <n@nfraprado.net>
Cc: meta@public-inbox.org
Subject: Re: Failed 'lei q' blocks 'lei init' from working
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 19:06:18 -0500	[thread overview]

Nícolas F. R. A. Prado writes:

> Hi,
>
> Right after building lei from source, I get an error running the 'q' command:
>
> [nfraprado@notapiano public-inbox]$ ./lei.sh q -I https://lore.kernel.org/all/ -o ~/.mail/lei/test --threads --dedupe=mid 'dfn:mt8192.dtsi rt:1.month.ago..'
> open(/home/nfraprado/.local/share/lei/store/mail_sync.sqlite3): No such file or directory at /home/nfraprado/ext/git/public-inbox/lib/PublicInbox/LeiQuery.pm line 37.
>
> That's somewhat reasonable since I haven't issued an init first. But if I then
> try to init [...]:

Hmm, an explicit lei-init call shouldn't be needed (i.e. lei-q should
already behave as you propose at the end of your message, initializing
the store/config if necessary).

Eric has even considered dropping lei-init entirely:
https://public-inbox.org/meta/20210325083207.GA30551@dcvr/

> Not quite sure if it's a Perl thing or a bug in public-inbox, but since it's
> unusual behavior (and took me some time to find out) I figured I'd report it.

This reminded me a bit of
https://public-inbox.org/meta/20211120153054.xq6jfad2m2buoic6@gmail.com/

Perhaps a lei-daemon process was running from some previous
experimentation?