unofficial mirror of meta@public-inbox.org
* Could public-inbox do something helpful with .mailmap?
@ 2020-08-18  1:17 Eric W. Biederman
From: Eric W. Biederman @ 2020-08-18  1:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Wong; +Cc: meta

I just dug up some old emails and I got at least one persons current
email address wrong because they have changed their email address
frequently.

They have an update to their preferred email address in the .mailmap
in the linux-kernel source.  Is there any chance public-inbox could
look at .mailmap and do something useful in the web interface?

Perhaps display an alternate address next to the original?

I don't even know if that is a sensible request but I thought I would
ask before I am distracted by something else.

Eric