unofficial mirror of meta@public-inbox.org
* Mailman 3 archiver for public-inbox
@ 2021-01-03 13:38 Toke Høiland-Jørgensen
From: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen @ 2021-01-03 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta

Hi

I created an archiver for mailman3 that will use public-inbox as the
archiving backend (using public-inbox-mda). It's somewhat rudimentary,
but works well enough for my use case. Figured I'd post it here in case
anyone else is interested:

https://github.com/tohojo/mailman-public-inbox

Comments and pull requests welcome, of course!

-Toke

* Re: Mailman 3 archiver for public-inbox
@ 2021-01-03 21:21 ` Eric Wong
From: Eric Wong @ 2021-01-03 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen; +Cc: meta

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke@toke.dk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I created an archiver for mailman3 that will use public-inbox as the
> archiving backend (using public-inbox-mda). It's somewhat rudimentary,

Cool.  How's performance?  I've been thinking of some better
importers(*) for batch work and -mda has always been horribly
slow for me (which is why -watch exists).

> but works well enough for my use case. Figured I'd post it here in case
> anyone else is interested:
>
> https://github.com/tohojo/mailman-public-inbox
>
> Comments and pull requests welcome, of course!

Btw, feel free to use meta@public-inbox.org for folks that don't
accept Terms-of-Service, solve CAPTCHAs, or use proprietary services.

(*) PublicInbox::MboxReader->(mboxrd|mboxcl|mboxcl2|mboxo) methods
    in https://yhbt.net/public-inbox.git

* Re: Mailman 3 archiver for public-inbox
@ 2021-01-03 23:17   ` Toke Høiland-Jørgensen
From: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen @ 2021-01-03 23:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Wong; +Cc: meta

Eric Wong <e@80x24.org> writes:

> Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke@toke.dk> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I created an archiver for mailman3 that will use public-inbox as the
>> archiving backend (using public-inbox-mda). It's somewhat rudimentary,
>
> Cool.  How's performance?  I've been thinking of some better
> importers(*) for batch work and -mda has always been horribly
> slow for me (which is why -watch exists).

I... am not sure, really... I'm using it for fairly low-traffic lists and
the server I run it on is in a cupboard. Doesn't appear that
public-inbox is any kind of bottleneck in that setup, messages show up
in the archive pretty instantly as far as I can tell.

>> but works well enough for my use case. Figured I'd post it here in case
>> anyone else is interested:
>>
>> https://github.com/tohojo/mailman-public-inbox
>>
>> Comments and pull requests welcome, of course!
>
> Btw, feel free to use meta@public-inbox.org for folks that don't
> accept Terms-of-Service, solve CAPTCHAs, or use proprietary services.

If you're referring to Github here, the code is also available on Pypi:
https://pypi.org/project/mailman-public-inbox/ - and I'm happy to take
patches by email if someone does want to hack on it :)

-Toke