* [PATCH] doc: design_notes: updates for "newer" things
@ 2021-11-04 3:40 Eric Wong
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Eric Wong @ 2021-11-04 3:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
public-inbox-imapd, public-inbox-watch, and marketing.txt all
Documentation/design_notes.txt | 11 +++++++----
1 file changed, 7 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)
diff --git a/Documentation/design_notes.txt b/Documentation/design_notes.txt
index 71f6b77a..3df5af3e 100644
@@ -18,7 +18,7 @@ Use existing infrastructure
* public-inbox can coexist with existing mailing lists, any subscriber
to the existing mailing list can begin delivering messages to
+ public-inbox-mda(1) or public-inbox-watch(1)
* public-inbox uses SMTP for posting. Posting a message to a public-inbox
instance is no different than sending a message to any _open_ mailing
@@ -72,11 +72,12 @@ Why git?
* git is distributed and robust while being both fast and
space-efficient with text data. NNTP was considered, but does not
support delta-compression and places no guarantees on data/transport
- integrity. However, a read-only NNTP gateway is implemented.
+ integrity. However, read-only IMAP and NNTP gateways are implemented.
* As of 2016, git is widely used and known to nearly all Free Software
developers. For non-developers it is packaged for all major GNU/Linux
- and *BSD distributions. NNTP is not as widely-used nowadays.
+ and *BSD distributions. NNTP is not as widely-used nowadays, and
+ most IMAP clients do not have good support for read-only mailboxes.
Why perl 5?
@@ -142,6 +143,8 @@ What sucks about public-inbox
* some (mostly GUI) mail clients cannot set In-Reply-To headers
properly without the original message.
+* marketing - as it should: <https://public-inbox.org/marketing.txt>
@@ -151,5 +154,5 @@ problems solved.
-Copyright 2013-2021 all contributors <email@example.com>
+Copyright all contributors <firstname.lastname@example.org>
License: AGPL-3.0+ <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/agpl-3.0.txt>
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-11-04 3:40 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2021-11-04 3:40 [PATCH] doc: design_notes: updates for "newer" things Eric Wong
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).