unofficial mirror of meta@public-inbox.org
* TAP output for user-facing tools?
@ 2020-06-22 17:51 Eric Wong
From: Eric Wong @ 2020-06-22 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta

Hey all, so I've been wondering about how to express
debug/tracing output to user-facing command-line tools.

Our test suite already uses TAP.  So does git.git, Perl itself
and the majority of Perl projects I've encountered.

But I haven't seen it used for user-facing CLI tools...
It seems better than inventing random new formats *shrug*

TAP = Test Anything Protocol: https://testanything.org/

only message in thread, back to index