unofficial mirror of gwl-devel@gnu.org
* How do I support building a guix package over multiple machines in a cloud environment?
@ 2019-12-02 17:36 Josh Marshall
From: Josh Marshall @ 2019-12-02 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gwl-devel

Hello all,

Simon directed me from help-guix to wake up this list.  I have a use
case or a colleague to articulate their work as a guix package.  I'm
still very new, and would like to use this as a learning opportunity.
He uses it as a bioinformatics workflow to generate some analysis.  It
typically runs in 6 threads, 42GB peak memory, 100GB of on disk files,
and is currently using nextflow.  This seems like a perfect use case
to try out doing more with guix/gwl.  His workflow is more analogous
to software packaging  that a dumb software pipeline or even a re-run
optimized bioinformatics pipeline.

Is this kind of use case supported?  If so, how so?  Is nextflow not
practical to keep?  Please, someone catch me up here so I can start to
write code to help him out.  If this goes well, my company could
integrate for gwl/guix in our work, which would be amazing.