unofficial mirror of gwl-devel@gnu.org
* [Bug?] Cannot use Guix Workflow Language on Guix System
@ 2019-07-03 13:25 pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) @ 2019-07-03 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gwl-devel

How can I use the Guix Workflow Language on Guix System?  I tried
`guix package -i gwl` as described on
<https://www.guixwl.org/getting-started> (the website appears to be
down), but the guix process and guix workflow commands do not become
available.  Apparently guix/ui.scm

  (define directory
    (and=> (search-path %load-path "guix.scm")
           (compose (cut string-append <> "/guix/scripts")
                    dirname)))

can only use the first scripts directory it finds and therefore never
uses the scripts from the gwl package.

On Debian I had written a Guix workflow to deploy a not-yet-public
Haunt website to a shared hosting provider and tried to use it on Guix
now.  (I hope that is a legitimate use case; I used gwl because I can
specify package inputs.)

I hope this is the right mailing list.

Regards,
Florian