Ludovic Courtès writes: >> + (synopsis "Rcpp integration for the linear algebra library 'Armadillo'") > > “for the Armadillo linear algebra library” maybe? Okay. >> + (description >> + "Armadillo is a templated C++ linear algebra library that aims towards a >> +good balance between speed and ease of use. Integer, floating point and >> +complex numbers are supported, as well as a subset of trigonometric and >> +statistics functions. Various matrix decompositions are provided through >> +optional integration with LAPACK and ATLAS libraries. This package includes >> +the header files from the templated Armadillo library.") >> + ;; Armadillo is licensed under the MPL 2.0, while RcppArmadillo (the Rcpp >> + ;; bindings to Armadillo) is licensed under the GNU GPL version 2 or >> + ;; later, as is the rest of 'Rcpp'. >> + (license license:gpl2+))) > > Does this package bundle a copy of Armadillo? If yes, it would be great > if we could make a separate Armadillo package that r-rcpparmadillo would > depend on. It bundles the headers of a particular version (6.200.2, latest is 6.400.3) of Armadillo. I just made a package for Armadillo 6.400.3 and derived a package variant for 6.200.2 (both attached), used that as an input and removed the includes from RcppArmadillo with a snippet. The package builds, but there’s a linker problem that I don’t know how to fix: ** testing if installed package can be loaded Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) : unable to load shared object '/gnu/store/vgnld4sl6ki7k1d70cjqk4rm68iimybp-r-rcpparmadillo-0.6.200.2.0/site-library/RcppArmadillo/libs/RcppArmadillo.so': /gnu/store/vgnld4sl6ki7k1d70cjqk4rm68iimybp-r-rcpparmadillo-0.6.200.2.0/site-library/RcppArmadillo/libs/RcppArmadillo.so: undefined symbol: wrapper_dgesv_ Error: loading failed Execution halted ERROR: loading failed * removing ‘/gnu/store/vgnld4sl6ki7k1d70cjqk4rm68iimybp-r-rcpparmadillo-0.6.200.2.0/site-library/RcppArmadillo’ phase `install' failed after 21.5 seconds It’s probably something to do with linking to lapack or something, but I don’t know how to address this. The bundled includes in “inst/include/armadillo*” are almost identical to those provided by the armadillo package. The “config.hpp” file has been patched to comment out a couple of defines and a cmake file was added. ~~ Ricardo