Hi Guix, this patch adds the GNU Compiler for Java to the gcc module. We need GCJ to build IcedTea6 / OpenJDK, which in turn could be used to build IcedTea7. GCJ unfortunately has a binary dependency, the Eclipse Compiler for Java. GCJ expects to be given the path of the ecj.jar at compile time. ECJ is provided as ecj-bootstrap-4.8. I don't know if GCJ is built such that this ECJ binary is no longer required at the end (but I know that IcedTea6 also needs the ECJ jar). For IcedTea6 we could compile ECJ from source with GCJ, but I don't know how to deal with GCJ's dependency on ECJ. Having it depend on a binary is ugly. GCJ is built with options to create symlinks to function as a primitive JDK. It does not provide wrappers for javap and javac, so these are added in an extra phase. I took the javac perl wrapper from Gentoo, but I suppose a script in Guile might be nicer (there is no official upstream source for the wrapper script, so we might as well roll our own). Anyway, your comments are very welcome. -- Ricardo