Hi Guix, for the Bioconductor importer extension to the CRAN importer I need our HTTP client to support basic authentication as the DESCRIPTION files are only available on the SVN web interface, which requires authentication with a fixed username and password. The attached patch adds this feature to the ‘http-fetch’ procedure. Now “protected” URLs like https://readonly:readonly@hedgehog.fhcrc.org/bioconductor/branches/RELEASE_3_2/madman/Rpacks/genomation/DESCRIPTION can be downloaded. ~~ Ricardo