Hi Guix, IcedTea 7 is served! Attached are two patches to - split a build phase in icedtea6 to make it easier to reuse and replace phases without having to copy too much. - add an icedtea7 package inheriting from icedtea6. The version numbers may be a little confusing. We are using the IcedTea 2.5.5 framework and the OpenJDK 7 sources to build a "sanitised" version of the OpenJDK 7. Since it's not exactly the OpenJDK that is built but rather a cleaned up, liberated version, with IcedTea patches applied the package name is "icedtea" rather than "openjdk". The tests do not pass, unfortunately. There are *some* failures that are seen in upstream builds, but our number of test failures is larger than that. Some failures are probably related to the fact that I have not added Xfvb to the native inputs for some tests; others are very difficult for me to analyse and understand. As with icedtea6 this package can be used as a Java Runtime environment and as a JDK, but I obviously cannot guarantee that all components work. I would gladly assist anyone who wants to work on making a few more tests pass. ~~ Ricardo