Ludovic Courtès writes: > I’m not familiar enough with Docker but I’m under the impression that we > should be able to generate an image without even using Docker. :-) The attached patch adds a Docker export feature, so you can do this: docker load < \ $(guix archive --export-docker-image=$(readlink -f ~/.guix-profile)) Then you can use “docker images” to show the available images. For some reason Docker won’t show the name and tag “guix archive” generates, so just take the most recently added image. Then run it, e.g. like this: docker run --rm -ti d11111472905 /bin/emacs This starts the container and runs “/bin/emacs” interactively. During export “guix archive” also links the item’s “./bin” directory to “/bin”, so users can run commands without having to know the long store path. I used it successfully to build an Emacs Docker image like this: guix environment --ad-hoc coreutils bash emacs-no-x-toolkit docker load < $(guix archive --export-docker-image=$GUIX_ENVIRONMENT) ~~ Ricardo