Hi Guix, attached is a rewritten CRAN importer (and updater) with additional test. I only recently found out that the alternative to parsing the HTML description page for an R package does not require downloading and extracting the DESCRIPTION file from the tarball — the DESCRIPTION file is hosted as plain text on CRAN. So I rewrote the CRAN importer to do this: * download the DESCRIPTION file for a given package * break it up into a simple alist * transform the alist into a package expression This is much simpler than the sxml hackery we did before and the code can be reused to write an importer for Bioconductor, a popular, versioned R package repository for bioinformatics packages.[1] Along the way I made the importer more robust and added a few cosmetic improvements (such as adding a properties field containing the upstream package name as suggested by Ludo). I already used the new importer to process *all* packages from CRAN. It didn’t produce any errors (although post-processing of the resulting expressions is inevitable). Once this patch has been reviewed and accepted I’ll write an importer for Bioconductor. ~~ Ricardo