Frank Pursel schreef op wo 16-02-2022 om 18:36 [+0000]: > I did not understand the bash-minimal comment.  Are you saying that > (search-input-file inputs "/bin/bash") will not work in the way I > intended 'bash-minimal' (*) is an implicit native-input of ant-build-system. When compiling natively, inputs and native-inputs are merged together into 'inputs'. As such, bash-minimal (and hence "/bin/bash") is contained in 'inputs' when compiling natively. So if you compiled natively (most likely), then using (search-input-file inputs "/bin/bash") this succeeds. However, if cross-compiling with "guix build --target=aarch64-linux- gnu" or the like (**), then the native-inputs and inputs are kept separate, so 'inputs' would not contain bash, (search-input-file ...) would fail by raising a &search-error exception and the build would therefore fail. This can be resolved by adding the 'bash-minimal' package to 'inputs'. (*) Actually a variant of 'bash-minimal' but that does not matter here. (**) This won't work _yet_ because 'ant-build-system' does not support cross-compilation yet. Greetings, Maxime.