Ludovic Courtès schreef op vr 01-04-2022 om 11:10 [+0200]: > I guess the whole question is whether that technique can be made to work > for the vast majority of Rust packages.  I’d suggest working in that > direction: writing a build system as a first step, using it in all the > Rust packages, and analyzing the kinds of problems encountered, with the > goal of estimating the effort it would take to make it work for every > single package.  Easier said than done, I guess. Do you know a ‘real’ Rust applications with few transitive dependencies (say, 3 or so) with preferably few rust source files? That would be a practical target for the ad-hoc Makefile and eventually, the new antioxidant-build-system. Greetings, Maxime.