Le dimanche 13 février 2022 à 09:38 +0100, Ricardo Wurmus a écrit : > Hi Nikos, > > > I have succesfully installed guix in trisquel 9 (mate). > > > > I have installed some packages and everything is working as > > expected. > […] > > But when I install gnucash, or cawbird and reboot the system > > doesn't > > autologin and stays at login screen. Inserting the password is just > > getting me back to the login screen. > > I don’t know what the problem is, but I suspect that trisquel is > unhappy > with environment variables that Guix has set.  Guix defines variables > based on the contents of your profile at ~/.guix-profile/etc/profile. > In your shell initialization you probably load them; e.g. with this > snippet in ~/.bash_profile: > >     GUIX_PROFILE=$HOME/.guix-profile >     source $GUIX_PROFILE/etc/profile > > When you comment this Guix will not set any variables, so it has no > way > of affecting your environment at all.  Can you log in after removing > these lines?  (You can evaluate these lines after logging in.) > > If so, we should try to figure out which of these variables is > responsible.  Could you please show the contents of that etc/profile > file?  A common suspect is one of the XDG_* variables. > > Hope that helps! > Try adding the following line to your ~/.profile export XDG_DATA_DIRS="/usr/local/share:/usr/share/${XDG_DATA_DIRS:+:}$XDG_DATA _DIRS" This solution, brought by Adfeno, worked for me. This is the only problem I had with Guix on Trisquel so far. David.