all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Auto-Login with Elogin, Greetd and wlgreet
@ 2024-08-04  1:15 guix
From: guix @ 2024-08-04  1:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

I am wondering if there is a configuration where I can auto-login with elogin, greetd and sway. I see the option with mingetty. I would like to keep the system to a minimal.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

* Re: Auto-Login with Elogin, Greetd and wlgreet
@ 2024-08-06 21:56 ` jbranso
From: jbranso @ 2024-08-06 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix, help-guix

August 3, 2024 at 9:15 PM, guix@tatd.dev wrote:

> I am wondering if there is a configuration where I can auto-login with elogin, greetd and sway. I see the option with mingetty. I would like to keep the system to a minimal.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you.

There is an example of how to do this is the guix cookbook, but it has been broke
for about 3 years maybe?

The relevant bug report is here:

https://issues.guix.gnu.org/56958

It even has a guix vm you can use to reproduce the issue.

Joshua

* Re: Auto-Login with Elogin, Greetd and wlgreet
@ 2024-08-10  0:05   ` guix
From: guix @ 2024-08-10  0:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jbranso; +Cc: Felix Lechner via

Thank you for the response.

The method in the Cookbook is for auto-login to a specific TTY. That method still uses mingetty. I would like to use greetd.

I did found a method in the arch linux wiki to auto-login with greetd config, But guix auto generates the greetd config file.

I am wondering if I can add on to the generate config file or use a manual config file instead of the auto generated one.

I am new to the mailing list. If I make a mistake on replying to the mailing list, I apologize. I don't know if I need to simple reply or reply to all.

Thank you.

@ 2024-08-10  5:13     ` Marek Paśnikowski
From: Marek Paśnikowski @ 2024-08-10  5:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix