On Wed, 2021-03-31 at 14:16 -0400, Leo Famulari wrote: > > Yeah, I agree that it's hard to learn about "what's cooking" when you > first arrive at the mailing lists. > > It's true that wikis tend to get out of date, but I think that it > won't > be too bad for this use case. At least, it won't be worse than the > mailing lists, for newcomers who want to know about longer-term > efforts > like the GNOME upgrade. I am thinking we could establish policy so that the WIP wiki page is an index to mailing list threads, git branches or other "updatable" locations so that it is less likely to need updating and therefore stays updated w.r.t. it's main purpose: finding out about WIP work. The policy would say that one must create a mailing list thread, git branch or else and link it there and **NOT** include original information on the wiki page but rather just link to ML/git/else. We could write such policy at the top of the page so contributors to it can easily see it. What do you think? Léo